Social Studies Research and Practice is a peer reviewed online journal disseminating original articles regarding the research and practice of social studies (P-16).
- Provide forums for the online dissemination of research and practice in social studies (P-16)
- Disseminate ideas that enhance the practical aspects of social studies
- Further knowledge and understanding of powerful and innovative research and practice in social studies
- Foster debate about the implementation of meaningful social studies research and practice
Submissions from all social studies disciplines (P-16), as well as from interdisciplinary perspectives, are welcome. Each submission is rigorously refereed using a double-blind peer review process with reviewers from relevant disciplines. Submit manuscripts as a file attachment to: email@example.com, (Executive Editor: Cynthia Szymanski Sunal)
Manuscripts must conform to the following in order to be sent for peer review:
- Material must be original, accurate, in good form editorially, and not under consideration with another journal.
- All manuscripts must be written in English.
- Submit in Microsoft Word .doc format
- Style must conform to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association(6th ed.)
- Use Times New Roman, size 12 font, double spaced
- If graphics are used, use .gif or .jpg file formats and place after the references. Indicate in text about where the graphic should appear.
- Recommended manuscript length is 1500 to 5000 words, excluding references.
- Include an abstract of 150-200 words that is placed following the title page
- Include author bios with a 50-word maximum, following the format used in the journal and place these at the end of the manuscript file
- Submit with an e-mail message (a) identifying the cateogry under which the manuscript should be reviewed (Practice, Action Research, or Research). Confirm that the manuscript has not been published elsewhere, is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, and that copyright will be given to the to the Social Studies Research and Practice should it be published in the journal. In order to expedite the review process, please complete the checklist (linked under the Guidelines section of the main web page).
Copyright: Social Studies Research and Practice will retain the copyright of all published items.
Author Notification: The journal editors will contact you upon manuscript receipt. Every effort will be made to complete the blind review process within six to eight weeks.