About the journal
The Social Studies Research and Practice journal is a peer-reviewed, electronic journal that focuses on providing a venue for P–16 social studies research and practice manuscripts, lesson plans, reviews, and issues related to higher-level learning outcomes.
- Provide forums for the online dissemination of research and practice in social studies (P-16)
- Disseminate ideas that enhance the practical aspects of social studies
- Further knowledge and understanding of powerful and innovative research and practice in social studies
- Foster debate about the implementation of meaningful social studies research
- The Social Studies Research and Practice journal is published three times annually with spring, summer, and winter issues.
- The current acceptance rate for the journal is approximately 11%.
- Manuscripts are accepted for review throughout the year. See Submissions page for more details for authors.